Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I got a job in a bookstore !
Yeah !
Ok, the reason I'm this happy is because it's not easy to get a bookstore job with a pay that is actually enough to pay rent and have proper meals.
But this one does !
So, yippee !
I am able to survive with the pay and I will be surrounded by books and book people ...

During the interview, the boss, a very prominent historian and author was asking if I mind the pay.
Knowing I'm from KL, she asked, "You ok with the pay? It's very much lower than what you previously got."
"I'm ok. I didn't come to Penang for financial gains."
*Omg, Couldn't I have come up with better words?

She continued to ask me questions.
I would myself too.

"I want to write something.
Fiction. I dare not even dream of it getting published.
But I need to write.
For myself."



She nodded.
Oh, I forgot to mention.
She's also an artist.
Of course she understands.

No comments: