Wednesday, April 04, 2012

For two days since my first disastrous swimming lesson, I had mentally prepared myself - visualisation, meditation..
Nope, it didn't work.
The moment I stepped into the water, PANIC overrode.
It got so bad, that I almost hit the 'flight' button.
"Let's just go, I don't have to be able to swim. I can still live the rest of my life with my feet firmly on the all things solid. The teacher will understand. Or just make up some excuses.." - my mind battled.
Thank goodness , I didn't.
Instead, I hit the 'fight' button.
Now, I have come up with an action plan on overcoming this.
Like what the teacher said, "It'll just take longer than usual. You just need to visualise swimming, not drowning."
If I choose to give up, means I will NEVER get there.
However, if I continue to try, I'll get there. I just need a longer time, that's all.
Sure beats not getting there at all.
I'm glad that I've been feeding myself some of these motivational quotes.
I find myself bouncing back much faster than my old usual self.
I'll continue to bear these two quotes in mind.

The confidence you seek in swimming is in your future. The fun you will have swimming in the water is like learning to ride a bicycle for the first time you didn't fall off. 

A totally unrelated incident.
 I wore skirt to work today. A lot of people were shocked. I told my colleague that it was quite difficult to walk in it, so she inspected my skirt and found that I didn't cut the 'slit'- which enables the wearer to have a wider stride. (The manufacturer purposely sew it together to avoid the slit to tear before sale) Gosh, I should be very embarrassed, but honestly I was too busy laughing. "Clearly I don't wear skirts often enough!"
But wise colleague unexpectedly complimented me, "It's great that you're trying out new things"

No comments: